If you, or a loved one, have suffered from a brain injury then CPIMS’ brain injury rehabilitation services could help you to get on the road to recovery. Here we will discuss the rehabilitation process for brain injuries and how it could help your recovery process.
What is the brain rehabilitation process?
Recovery from a brain injury can be a long process, one that requires a skilled and specialist understanding of your difficulties from various angles and an holistic approach to ensure your care is personalised in accordance with your individual needs. That is why our rehabilitation management plans include planning through an integrated, multi-disciplinary team approach to ensure the smoothest possible recovery from your brain injury with a coordinated package of rehabilitation services. This may also include the individual’s medical practitioner, the client’s employer and the insurer.
The rehabilitation process for brain injuries includes the following steps:
- The client will be assessed so that we can set appropriate goals and outcomes.
- Appropriate goals will be set with a mutual understanding between all stakeholders.
- Interventions and strategies will be set to address identified barriers to recovery.
- We will gain certainty that the key stakeholders are aware of their roles and responsibilities to support you and get you on the road to recovery.
- Transparent and realistic timeframes will be set.
- We will evaluate and report on the progress and ongoing effectiveness of case management for each case.
- We will make any alterations that need to be made to make the process more effective.
- We will focus on quality case management whilst setting transparent and accurate costs.
- All parties will collaborate and develop plans to ensure that all parties are working towards the same outcome and have a clear understanding of what is required of them to achieve this outcome.
CPIMS’ brain injury rehabilitation services
CPIMS’ brain injury rehabilitation services can help make overcoming a brain injury as smooth a process as possible, providing essential support and covering all areas that may affect your recovery. Through an integrated multi-disciplinary approach, we are able to set realistic goals and strategies, whilst ensuring that national standards and care regulations are met. We also make it a priority to involve your family and significant others by keeping them updated with any progress that is made.
It is our goal to restore any capabilities that may have been effected since your brain injury, including physical sensory changes and mental capability. In circumstance where your capabilities unfortunately cannot be restored, we will work with you to assess your needs and implement adaptations and coping strategies that will help you to live your life as normally as possible.
This could involve adjusting your physical and social environment. However, in an ideal situation, you will participate in a rehabilitation programme; whether it is physical, occupational or speech therapy, depending on your individual needs and requirements.